Better together. (Almost) Always. ❤️
Understanding Multiplayer for StellarX Enterprise
Multiplayer allows you to Experience immersion with others whether you're online or offline.
With multiplayer functionalities, join your friends when you Play! Players can share a Space to Experience StellarX Enterprise in entirely new ways! To return to a Single-Player Mode, simply return to your Create experience.
Given that this is an early release feature it's still a work in progress, so please bear with us while we work it out. In the meantime, here's how it works:
Online Multiplayer Sessions
Now, it's possible for players to share a Space and collaborate in real-time online! To join a Space with friends or colleagues, users must have the same Space, which can be shared via email or cloud sharing apps such as, OneDrive. It's also important to wait for all players to Join the shared Space before beginning a scenario to ensure the multiplayer remains in sync from beginning to end.
It's important to note that online sessions require a session key, which is given to user's upon entering the shared Space. At any time, users can consult their wrist watch to access the session ID.
With the session ID, other players can join the Space and Play together in real-time!
To run a multiplayer session you must have the following:
- Multiple computers with StellarX
- The latest StellarX server build
Launching a Multiplayer Session
Now, follow these simple steps to see your friends in your Space:
- First, install StellarX on the computers.
- Choose one computer that will host the server.
- Launch the server on the host computer.
- Then, locate the computer's IP address.
4.1. Next, open a Windows CMD command prompt.
4.2. In the text box, type: ipconfig
4.3. Click on Enter.
4.4. Locate the computer's IP address.
- Now, go to your StellarX Saves folder.
- Then, open: settings.ini and enter the host ip address and save.
- Make sure that the default port is set to 27015.
- Next, go to Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Lastly, right-click on Inbound Rules and select New Rule:
- Rule Type: Port
- Protocol: UDP
- Specific local ports: 27015
- Allow the connection
- Select your network profile
- Enter name: StellarX Server
Reverting to Single-Player Mode
To Experience StellarX in single-player mode, simply launch StellarX from the original shortcut.